Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hamachi 2




This is another hamachi dish James Palleson, one of our junior sous chefs made.  It is trio of hamachi, each prepared in a different way.   The first has been marinated and injected with matcha tea brine sitting on top of whipped green tea.   The next is dressed in lemon and ginger, with Asian pear.   The last one being marinated in a cardamom brine, with pickled turnip, and sprouted legume.   Also the base of the plate is actually hamachi pounded out into a square, and the bubbles are made of red cabbage.    Before I had posted this, him and I sat down to look at the pictures and he immediately told me what he would have done different.   This Is a really admirable quality to have as a chef, always thinking about a better way of doing things,  we are never truly satisfied, always pushing forward,  never stand still has been my philosophy, and James just gets it.  I'm excited to have him on my team, and excited to see where he takes his career. cheers JP!

Photo: David Chou

No comments:

Post a Comment